Who, or what, is the antichrist? Evil alliance, or sinister individual? Some say his appearance is still in the future. Others say he appeared long ago in the days of ancient Rome. But the Bible indicates that he is alive today! The Bible prophecies teach this antichrist power will play a crucial role in the final events of Earth's history. Do you know who he is? Are you sure? You need to be, for you can't understand last-day events until you understand this evil power.
Be prepared for one of the most intriguing Study Guides yet! This Study Guide, based on Daniel chapter 7, clearly and unmistakably identifies the antichrist. But it is only an introduction. Future lessons will reveal details of some of his activities that will have worldwide impact. What you discover today may displease or sadden you, but please remember that the prophecy of Daniel chapter 7 comes from Jesus, who loves you. Pray for God's guidance as you delve into this urgent subject. Be sure to read Daniel 7 before studying this guide.
1. As the chapter begins, Daniel sees four beasts coming up out of the sea. In prophecy, what does a beast represent? What does the sea represent?
2. The four beasts of Daniel 7 represent the four world kingdoms (verses 17, 18)
3. What kingdom does the bear represent (Daniel 7:5)? What do the three ribs in its mouth symbolize?
4. Greece, the third kingdom (Daniel 8:21), is represented by a leopard with four wings and four heads (Daniel 7:6). What do the heads represent? What do the four wings represent?
5. The Roman Empire, the fourth world kingdom, is represented by a horrible monster with iron teeth and 10 horns (Daniel 7:7). What do the horns represent?
6. In the Daniel 7 prophecy, what happens next?
7. Are there clear points of identification?
8. Does the papacy fit these points?
9. Wasn't Daniel told to seal up his book until "the time of the end"? (Daniel 12:4) When will Daniel's prophecies be opened to our understanding?
10. Many Christians today have been tragically misinformed regarding the antichrist. To believe an untruth about the antichrist could easily cause a person to be deceived and lost. What should a person do when new Bible teachings are encountered?