This special STUDY BIBLE is a result of many years of work and research. More than 80 leading archaeologists and theologians from different parts of the world participated in this project. About 700 articles were written, peer-reviewed, edited for archaeological and theological accuracy, and finally designed and illustrated. More than 130 videos from biblical lands and archaeological sites have been produced. Hundreds of photos were carefully selected. It includes maps, charts, and spreads that have been colorfully illustrated.
- New King James Version Bible text.
- About 700 articles were prepared by more than 80 scholars presenting the best that biblical archaeology has unveiled.
- The most important archaeological discoveries are affirming Scripture.
- Introductions to each book of the Bible, with information about the author, audience, purposes and themes, the book outline, and a special section on archaeology.
- QR code links to more than 130 videos about biblical archaeology.
- Hundreds of full-color photos.
- Maps, charts, and spreads of interesting objects, places, excavations, and cultural-related facts mentioned in the Bible such as coins, musical instruments, birds, flowers, and more, in full color
- Infographics of temples and cities.
- A sand clock icon displayed throughout the Old Testament indicates the archaeological periods in which the biblical events took place. Also, the New Testament indicates when the text was written.
- A chronological spread of the archaeological periods, the books of the Bible, Bible history, and more.
- QR code links to additional articles, including periodic updates.
- Complete index of all resources
- Font Size is approximately 9 pt.
This Bible is awesome!! Packed with detailed archaeological information and scan videos that I can view on my smartphone. My only issues: the videos are mostly in foreign languages with English subtitles, but very high quality and informative. Also, the print paper that was used for the pages is so thin, that I need to carefully peel the pages apart being careful not to tear them. In many locations, the pages are bound together at top/bottom edges. But, overall, the best Bible I ever owned.
Archaeological study Bible
The Bible is nice and it’s not overwhelming big in your hand. The only thing I don’t like is the wrong code videos aren’t in English and I don’t like that I have to read while someone is explaining what they are talking about. The pages are on the thinner side as well. However the Bible is a nice addition to what I already have. Amazing facts is always great to deal with and I live on the east coast.