If so, you've come to the right place. This book contains 40 days of devotional studies designed to strengthen your relationship with Christ and enable you to lead others to Him.
Why 40 days? The Bible tells of several significant events that took this specific span of time:
- Rain fell for 40 days during the Flood.
- Moses was on Mount Sinai with God for 40 days.
- The Israelite spies took 40 days to explore the Promised Land.
- Jonah warned Nineveh for 40 days.
- Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness after His baptism.
- Jesus spent 40 days with the disciples after His resurrection.
Author mixes his words with scripture, and SOP. It is very difficult to keep track of who inspired each paragraph. Author's writing is directly in conflict with SOP, especially regarding sanctification as explained in COL. Please read the Bible along with the original versions of: Patriarchs & Prophets, Prophets & Kings, Desire of Ages, Christ's Object Lessons, Acts of the Apostles, and The Great Controversy. These have everything we need to know about true prayer, revival and reformation. Jesus promised us that the Holy Spirit would lead us to all truth, that His Father's word is truth, and that His church would have all the gifts (Ephesians 4:11-14). And these gifts will all agree!
We used this book for a 40 day prayer exercise at our church. It was fun getting together and the people *loved* it! It was really great stuff! This book is very well put together and easy to follow.